Bacillus Mucilaginosus can reproduce and grow in the soil. It’s also called silicate bacterium, whose important characteristic can break down the silicate and aluminum silicate and the potassium, silica in the minerals such as feldspar, mica and also can break down the phosphorous in apatite.
Bacillus mucilaginosus has the function of dissolving phosphorus, releasing potassium and silicon, fixing nitrogen. Decompose and release soluble phosphorus, potassium, calcium, sulfur, magnesium, iron, zinc, molybdenum, manganese, and other trace elements to improve soil fertility and provide nutrients to the soil. At the same time, it can also secrete natural plant hormones and a lot of enzymes, which can increase crop resistance to some diseases.
- Improve the absorption efficiency of chemical fertilizers. Microorganisms naturally produce nitrogen, potassium, and phosphorus, reducing the cost of using chemical fertilizers and increasing crop yields.
- Improves soil, loosens hardened soil, balances nutrients, enhances soil fertility, revitalizes soil composition, and enhances soil’s ability to retain water and fertilizer. It can effectively inhibit soil degradation and improve saline soils.
- It has a good anti-crop effect and can be widely used in compound fertilizer and organic fertilizer.
Functions of Bacillus Mucilaginosus
- Dissolve phosphate, potassium, and fix nitrogen, increase fertilizer utilization, then can reduce fertilizer usage.
- Loose soil, decompose trace elements-zinc, silicon, calcium, sulfur, boron, molybdenum, and iron, etc. Then can fully supply nutrients for the crops, and improve soil condition.
- Produce Ga3, IAA, and other physiologically active substances. Make plants grow healthy, enhance crop stress resistance.
- Form a root beneficial bacteria group to protect crop roots effectively restrains the various disease from the soil and reduces pesticide usage.
- Promote the plant grow robust and strengthen the capacity of cold resistance, drought resistance, disease resistance, and cultivation of resilience and improve the quality and output of products.
Field Trial of Bacillus Mucilaginosus
Through the field application on the number of crops for several years, Bacillus mucilaginosus can increase available phosphorus content in soil to 90%-110.8%, the available potassium content to 20-35%.
Adding 600g Bm to 1 Ha fields is equal to the effect of 225-300kg calcium phosphate and 112.150kg KG potassium sulfate. Once applied, useful in the whole stages.
In one orchard soil of a county in Nanjing, because of using chemical fertilizer, not using organic fertilizer for a long time leads to soil harden seriously.
After application of BM for two months, digging around the fruit trees and observed, we found that the soil loosen and the earthworm increased obviously, those are two important indicators of soil health.