Bacillus thuringiensis aizawai (Bta) insecticide is a safe bacterial insecticide that is friendly to humans and the environment, occupying more than 95% of the market for microbial pesticides. As a complementary biological pesticide, Bacillus thuringiensis aizawai plays an important role in plant pest control as well as in organic agriculture.
The mode of action of Bacillus thuringiensis aizawai is that its strain can produce endotoxin (parasporal crystal) and exotoxin, which can make the pests stop feeding. The pests all die due to starvation, cell wall rupture, blood destruction, and nerve poisoning.
Dora Agri is the leading supplier of Bacillus thuringiensis aizawai and other bioinsecticide products. Our Mission is to help growers reduce the use of chemical pesticides. Grow healthier crops and earn more profits.
Bacillus thuringiensis was divided into Bacillus thuringiensis var aizawai (bta), Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis (bti) and Bacillus thuringiensis subsp.kurstaki(btk) according to different strains.
Bacillus thuringiensis var aizawai (Bta)
Brown loose powder, no caking
16000, 32000, 50000
Fineness (%passing through 320mesh sieve)
High poisonous to silkworm
Do not use together with bactericide or alkaline pesticide.
Advantages of Bacillus Thuringiensis Aizawai
- B. thuringiensis aizawai production process in line with environmental protection requirements, spraying insecticide in the field after less residue.
- The product has a wide insecticidal spectrum and has a toxic effect on more than 200 pests of Lepidoptera.
- Continuous use can form epidemic areas of pests, cause the widespread of pathogenic pests, and achieve the purpose of natural control of insect population density.
- The use of b. thuringiensis aizawai on the environment and water pollution, harmless to humans and animals, most of the natural enemies of insect safety.
- Bacillus thuringiensis aizawai can be mixed with a variety of other biological agents, insect growth regulators, pyrethroids, carbamates, organophosphorus pesticides, and some fungicides and chemical fertilizers are now used.
- Alternate use of insecticides and chemical pesticides can improve the resistance of pests to chemical pesticides.
Range of Application
B.thuringiensis aizawai has a good toxic effect on more than 100 kinds of pests such as Lepidoptera, Diptera, Coleoptera, and animal and plant nematodes.
According to applied statistics, Bt shows high virulence to 64 species of forest pests, 34 species of fruit tree pests, and 12 species of tea pests.
The main targets of Bt control are: Pieris rapae, Plutella xylostella, Spodoptera litura, Corn borer, Rice bractworm, Rice leaf roller, Chilo suppressalis, Chilo suppressalis, cotton bollworm, cotton bridgeworm, tea caterpillar, Lepidoptera, Hymenoptera, Diptera, Coleoptera pests such as tea looper, pine caterpillars, sky caterpillars, tussock moths, and spiny moths, and Bt has an egg-killing effect. In addition, Bt also has special effects on soybean seed dressing to control underground nematodes.
Bacillus Thuringiensis Use in Agriculture
Bacillus thuringiensis aizawai can be used for spraying, spreading, filling, making granules or poison baits, etc., can also be sprayed on a large area by plane, or mixed with low-dose chemical insecticides to improve the control effect.
- Prevention and control of lawn pests: use 10 billion spores/g of bacterial powder 750 g/ha to dilute 2,000 times with water and spray, or use an emulsion of 1,500 to 3 000 g/ha and 52.5 to 75 kg of fine sand to mix well, Made into granules and sprinkled into the roots of turfgrass to prevent and control pests that harm the roots.
- Control of corn borer: 2.5-3 kg of wettable powder per hectare.
- Control of Pieris rapae, Plutella xylostella, Spodoptera exigua, Tobacco, Tobacco worm: Use wettable powder 1.5~2.5kg per acre and spray with 750kg water.
- Controlling bollworm, bridge-building insect, rice leaf roller, and stem borer: use wettable powder 1.5-2.5kg per hectare and spray with 750-1000kg water.
- Control fruit trees, forest trees, pine caterpillars, heartworms, looper, tea caterpillars, tea looper: use wettable powder 2.5 to 3 kg per hectare and spray with 750 kg of water.
- The application period is generally 2 to 3 days earlier than the use of chemical pesticides, which has a good effect on the young larvae of pests.
- The temperature of using Bacillus thuringiensis aizawai should be above 18℃, and it should be applied in the evening to exert its best insecticidal effect. The effect of spraying above 30℃ is the best.
- It cannot be mixed with systemic organophosphorus pesticides or fungicides, alkaline pesticides and other substances.
- Use with the preparation, from dilution to use, generally do not exceed 2 hours, the use interval is 10-15 days.
- It is recommended to rotate with other different kinds of pesticides to delay the development of resistance.