Plant protection is the practice of dealing with plant pests & diseases and weeds which can have a devastating impact on farmers’ income.
Crop protection is primarily devoted to plant health, from the diagnosis of disease to the implementation of environmentally friendly pest management practices. With a growing population and increasing pressure on food supplies, plant protection plays a vital role in improving our quality of life.
Plant protection can also predict the emergence and spread of pests and prevent them from being detected and controlled before they become agricultural pests. Greatly improve the efficiency of pest control.
Common Plant Protection Solution
- Pesticides-based methods, such as herbicides, insecticides, and fungicides.
- Biological pest control methods, such as cover crops, trap crops, and biological pesticides.
- Barrier based approaches, such as agricultural textiles and bird nets.
- Biotechnology-based approaches, such as plant breeding and genetic modification.
What's Biological Crop Protection
Biological crop protection measures are designed to prevent the proliferation of pests and diseases at an early stage. Biological crop protection uses natural defense mechanisms to control pests and diseases. It’s very different from synthetic chemical pesticides.
Biological Protection Products
Biological products based on microorganisms and their metabolites have been used to protect plants from pests and infectious agents. Biological products are part of a natural biotic community and are therefore environmentally friendly and safe for humans, mammals, birds, fish, and useful insects.
Dora Agri providing: Biological Insecticide (Beauveria bassiana, Metarhizium anisopliae); Bio Fungicide (Trichoderma harzianum, Trichoderma viride) Bio Fertilizer (Bacillus subtilis, Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus amyloliquefaciens)
Features of Microbial Plant Protection Products
- Very effective when used correctly.
- Selectively eliminate a wide variety of pests and plant pathogens.
- Address the resistance of insect pests and plant pathogens to chemical pesticides.
- Compatible with chemical and biological pesticides when used with integrated plant protection systems.
- Safe for humans and animals when used in appropriate amounts.