Trichoderma Viride Characteristics
Trichoderma Viride Uses in Agriculture
T. viride is the biofungicide agent on soil micro-environment, disease management & root zone growth. It has an extreme feature of rapid reproduction, effective protection, and long term antibacterial.
Trichoderma viride is recognized as biopesticides, biofertilizers, root growth stimulants, and enhancers of plant resistance.
Application Method: foliar spray, seed soaking, soil mixing, irrigation, drip irrigation or root drench.
Trichoderma viride is suitable for most of the economic crops, like beans, rice, maize, fruits, vegetables, and ornamental plants.
- Active Ingredients: 2×109 CFU/G
- Appearance: Green Powder
Mode of Action
1. Produce secondary metabolites, inhibit the growth, reproduction, and infection of pathogenic microorganisms.
2. Occupy the dominant niche, inhibit and eliminate pathogenic microorganisms through rapid growth and reproduction.
3. Degradation of the cell wall of pathogens by parasitic action and secreting trichoderma viride toxins.
4. Inducing crops to enhance their disease resistance.
Application of Trichoderma Viride
1. Soil Micro-Environment Improvement
Good soil micro-environment is vital to the growth of crops. It determines the strong root growth, high root vigor, and roots’ nutrients absorption. T. viride soil application can help balance the flora in soil and inhibit pathogens, create a healthy soil environment for crops’ roots. A balanced environment can also help improve soil aggregate structure to maintain flabbiness, fertility, and humidity.
2. Soil-Borne Diseases Control
Soil-borne diseases are caused by Fusarium oxysporum, Pythium spp, Verticillium alboatum. Through nutrition competition and parasitism, Trichoderma viride can continuously and effectively inhibit harmful flora, prevent the spread of pathogens in plants from the source, and ensure the healthy growth of plants
3. Extended Root length
After creating a healthy soil micro-environment, controlling the soil-borne diseases, T. viride can also secrete some substances to promote root extending, rich lateral roots.
4. Exercising Crops’ Resistance
As a new microbe colonized in soil, crops’ roots area, Crops’ self-immune system will try to defend, thus exercising the crops’ resistance.
Trichoderma Viride Dosage