What is Seaweed Fertilizer
Seaweed fertilizer is an organic fertilizer produced by accurate processing of marine plant seaweed as the primary raw material. The main component is the natural organic active material extracted from kelp.
Most seaweed can grow to lengths of over 50 meters. Trace elements found in organic seaweed fertilizers include magnesium, potassium, zinc, iron and nitrogen—all of which are beneficial to plants.
Seaweed fertilizer has a comprehensive regulation effect on the “crop-soil-fertiliser” system, which is to increase yield and improve quality by stimulating crop growth, regulating soil and improving fertilizer efficiency.
Seaweed contains a large number of unique ingredients that are incomparable to terrestrial plants. Alginic acid can reduce the surface tension of water, form a film on the surface of plants, increase the contact area, and make the water-soluble substances easily penetrate the plant cells. So plants can effectively absorb the nutrients in the algae extract.
Benefits of Seaweed
Compare to traditional chemical fertilizer, seaweed fertilizer has an excellent affinity to plants, is harmless to humans and animals, also environmentally friendly. Long-term use does not lead to structural damage to the soil.
Apply on Soil
- Seaweed fertilizer can directly increase soil organic matter, activate various beneficial microorganisms, improve soil micro-ecological environment, and fertilize soil fertility.
- Seaweed fertilizer can promote the formation of soil aggregate structure, improve the pore space inside it, increase its permeability.
- Seaweed fertilizer can supplement and activate the trace elements in the soil to create a healthy rhizosphere environment for crop growth.
Apply on Plant
- If seeds are treated with seaweed fertilizer before they are sowing, the seeds will germinate better, as it consists of more than 70 nutritional deporting minerals and enzymes.
- Promote root growth, alleviate successive cropping obstacles, increase the fertilizer application efficiency and slowing plant senescence.
- Improve the ability of plants to fight against frost, cold, submersion and drought.
- Reduce little leaves、yellow leaves、arbuscular、fruit shrink and other diseases occurrence caused by nutrient deficiency.
- Improve the plant’s photosynthesis, which is good for nutrient accumulation, trans- portion and storage.
Seaweed fertilizer can use alone or in combination with other fertilizers.
However, seaweed extract belongs to alkaline matter. A complicated chemical reaction will happen when mixed with a high concentration of the acidic product. Structure and property will be changed. Usually, avoid mixing with organic phosphorus, organic chloride and missable oil.
Limitation of Seaweed Fertilizer
As organic fertilizer’s common con, if you use seaweed fertilizer alone, it may take longer to achieve the above effects. The results will come but maybe not as quickly as you want them.
So, please be patient, or you can choose to mix seaweed fertilizer with other suitable fertilizers. Through this method, can both achieve excellent results and shorten the necessary time.
In all, seaweed fertilizer plays an important and far-reaching role in promoting the production of green and organic food, improving the quality and safety of agricultural products. It is an excellent fertilizer that truly conforms to the development direction of modern agriculture.