Paclobutrazol is a broad-spectrum plant growth retardant. It can inhibit the synthesis of endogenous gibberellin in plants and reduce the division and elongation of plant cells. After being absorbed by roots, stems, and leaves, it can dwarf, promote branching, and increase rooting and chlorophyll content.
Delay leaf aging, enhance stress resistance, and other effects. It is mainly used in rice, rapeseed, soybean, and other cereal crops by spraying or soaking seeds.
Effects of Paclobutrazol
Polybulozole is a triazole plant growth regulator, which is mainly used to inhibit the biosynthesis of gibberellin in plants, slow down the plant growth rate, control the elongation of crop stems, shorten crop internodes, promote plant tillering, and promote flower bud differentiation. Increase plant stress resistance, and increase yields.
1. Change the level of endogenous hormones: Paclobutrazol can inhibit the synthesis of gibberellins, delay growth, and shorten internodes, and dwarf plants. It reduces the synthesis or metabolism of indole acetic acid, promotes the increase of endogenous abscisic acid content in plants, and can also regulate the release of ethylene in plants.
2. Increase the content of chlorophyll, nucleic acid and protein: paclobutrazol can make the leaves of plants dark green, increase the content of photosynthetic pigments such as chlorophyll, increase the content of nucleic acid and protein in the plant, and can improve the anti-aging ability of plants and enhance the vitality of plants.
3. Improve the stress resistance of plants: paclobutrazol can improve the ability of plants to resist adversity and bacteria. It can expand the epidermal cells of plants, make the stomata be squeezed and sink, increase the resistance of the stomata, reduce transpiration, and reduce water loss.
By alleviating water loss, the stress on plant cells is reduced, normal growth and development can be carried out, and the plant’s own drought resistance ability is enhanced. The application of paclobutrazol can improve the ability of plants to resist chilling injury and freezing injury. The application of paclobutrazol increases the content of the stress hormone abscisic acid in plants and reduces the damage of low temperature to leaf cell membranes.
4. Promote the germination and growth of lateral buds: paclobutrazol can inhibit the dominance of the top and promote the germination and growth of lateral buds. For example, the application of paclobutrazol can make rice seedlings tiller early and more tiller, the plant becomes shorter, and the base of the stem becomes thicker.
5. Bactericidal effect: Paclobutrazol was first developed as a fungicide. It has inhibitory activity against more than 10 kinds of pathogenic bacteria such as rape sclerotinia, wheat powdery mildew, rice sheath blight and apple anthracnose. Control weed damage, dwarf weeds, slow growth and reduce damage.
6. Application on fruit trees: control the growth of branches and dwarf fruit trees; promote the differentiation of flower buds and increase the amount of flowers; adjust the fruit setting rate; change the harvest period to improve the quality of the fruit; reduce the amount of pruning in summer; improve the drought and cold resistance of fruit trees.