Biological control of plant diseases has become a research hotspot, and biofertilizer bacillus subtilis in agriculture is one of the most representative biocontrol species.
Plant diseases are usually caused by pathogenic fungi or bacteria, and often show symptoms such as yellowing, wilt, and ulcers on the leaves. The common plant disease control method is chemical control, like spraying pesticides. However, chemical control has various disadvantages.
The antibacterial substances secreted by B. subtilis in agriculture mainly include lipopeptides, protein antibacterial substances, phenolic substances, and polyenes.
The main action mechanism of Bacillus subtilis in agriculture as a plant disease control is as follows:
1. It affects the key enzyme activities in plant rhizosphere soil.
2. It affects microbial diversity in plant rhizosphere soil.
The application of biocontrol Bacillus subtilis in plant rhizosphere soil is mainly affected by changes in the quantity and type of fungi and bacteria in the soil.
Bacillus Subtilis Uses in Agriculture
1. As Microbial Fertilizer
1. Promoting Plant Growth. Bacillus subtilis can secrete active substances that can promote plant growth, flowering and fruiting, which helps increase yield and income.
2. Improve Soil Structure. Bacillus subtilis in agriculture can significantly increase soil alkaline nitrogen, phosphorus content, available potassium, and total potassium content. It can also improve and regulate nutrients in the plow layer, thereby regulating soil nutrients, changing soil microbial flora structure and decomposition of pesticide residues in soil.
3. Improve Crop Quality. After Bacillus subtilis colonizes in the soil, it will produce a large number of plant hormones and organic acids, forming a benign plant-soil-microbial ecosystem, thereby effectively improving crop quality.
Bacillus subtilis uses in agriculture, main on seeds for vegetables, soybeans, cotton and peanuts, as well as flowers and ornamental seeds. It can be used as a Guard to plant and protect the root system of the plant. Besides Bacillus subtilis also can be used as organic material preservatives.
2. As Organic Material Preservative
Under high-temperature conditions, the organic waste mineralizing, humifying, and harmless by the growth and metabolism of microorganisms, and then turning into rotten fertilizer is called “composting”.
To speed up and improve the compost maturation process and quality, organic materials are usually added during the composting process. Bacillus subtilis in agriculture, as a highly effective organic material preservative, is widely used in organic waste treatment.